Saturday, February 21, 2009

Leslie's TransFORMation

I just thought I should post something here since it has been a long time since the last one. I thought maybe there would be something come along that would top the Eagles concert we were able to attend back in September but not yet. One more thing I can cross off my bucket list.

I feel that I should pat my wife on the back for her efforts and struggles in becoming more healthy and fit. Sometimes people are born with metabolisms that run fast and burn calories quickly. Unfortunately, I don't think Leslie or I are in that category. It takes more work to loose pounds and to feel better and I wanted to commend her for her efforts. She works hard at staying with the plan and only eating what is "prescribed".

I have told her that I am proud of her and that all good things are worth a little sacrifice. Her sacrifice is her sleep and eating habits. She is making changes so she will be around to enjoy our life for many years to come and I am glad for that. Now, if I can just get her on the back of the bike...pictures to follow if that happens.

She really enjoys hearing from family and friends who know about her efforts here and we both appreciate any encouragement given. I know I can do more and I will.

I just wish there was a diet to bring back hair. I truly miss having a head with a covering that I don't have to put on and take off when I come into the house.

1 comment:

Leslie Worthington said...

Why thank you Jeff, sometimes I've wondered if you noticed me going to the gym EVERY DAY (when did YOU last go???)

Maybe your dreams will be answered and I will be able to ride the bike, and you can get behind!

Love You!